- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Overall Job Purpose
The position exists to transport materials, supplies, and finished products to designated locations. This position ensure rotable items are delivery timely to the vendor/supplier for refurbishments. Ensure parts, components, consumables, tools, equipment are organized in advance prior to the commence of any major shutdown, overhaul, minor/major repair project ?
Specific Job Responsibility
- Receives, distributes, and stores products as directed in designated, secure locations.
- Prepares and maintains records of materials received and shipped including dates of transactions, locations, and other pertinent information.
- Confirms shipping details or special instructions; expedites shipments that affect the normal operation of the maintenance fleet.
- Transports and loads materials, supplies, and finished goods (manually and/or using hand trucks and skids).
- When problems arise, resolves issues with rotable team, relevant stakeholders.
- Collects and properly disposes of scrap bracing, cardboard, and strapping; maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Collect all required tools and equipment prior to commencing the job to promote efficient maintenance practices
- Adhere to all site and company requirements for the use of permits, risk assessments, Isolations and risk management.
- Complete all maintenance documentation (Work orders, PM sheets, inspection sheets etc…) in full and to the required standard ensuring that all relevant information relating to the task is completed Parts not required returned back into stock
- Report broken, damaged or missing tooling
Experience & Qualifications
- Diploma in Business Administration or related field
- Previous experience working in a warehouse or tool store
- 2 years’ inventory control and logistical experience within a retail environment Experience in inventory systems Logistics qualification
- Grade 12 School Certificate minimum
- Certificate in warehouse/logistics or equivalent
- Class C Driver’s License, with minimum 2 years Driving Experience.
Job Specific Competencies
- MS Office
- Knowledge of Pronto or other enterprise systems.
- Previous experience in a large open pit mining operation would be well regarded.
- Demonstrable experience with maintenance management systems will be an advantage.
Key Job Attributes
- The ability work within a group in a challenging and geographically remote environment.
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Satisfactory oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good math and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Efficient time management skills.