Facility - Community Liaison
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
05 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Facility-Community Liaison who will be part of the project team in each district and will be embedded in referral facilities to coordinate the interface between community referrals and facilities and vice versa. This position is a short-term contract under the USAID Open Doors Project.
The Facility-Community Liaison (FCL) will report to the Site Coordinator at each USAID Open Doors site and work closely with the clinical team at the site as well as at the referral facility. The FCL will support facilities to enhance systems for client retention on ART and PrEP for the USAID Open Doors Project. S/he will serve as key resource person for maintaining client-centered systems for treatment literacy, receiving new clients, attending to clients’ inquiries/queries/complaints and facilitation of feedback from the healthcare team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a primary link between the referral facility and the USAID Open Doors project. S/he will facilitate linkage of new clients to care, maintenance of a database of all clients referred by ODP and promote facility-client contact through various communication channels, including but not limited to telephones, emails, social media platforms, etc.
• Work closely with the ART and Laboratory teams at the facility to facilitate VL blood sample collection from clients referred from ODP site and share results within the shortest turnaround time
• Facilitate client requests for appointments using QuickRes an online application for booking clinic appointments and support follow-up needs for other services.
• Promote a KP friendly facility environment and good healthcare worker attitude to improve healthcare worker-client relationship to reinforce clients’ trust and confidence in the healthcare system.
• Support the coordination of community activities to meet clients’ case management needs
• Generate reports related to partner notification services/index testing services, client
experience/feedback using Community Led Monitoring tool, client retention in care and viral Load suppression rates and those late for pharmacy pickup.
• In collaboration with the site coordinators, Provide, mentorship to facility teams on client experience required to retain KP clients in care.
• Collaborate with SI team and Data entry officers to perform client verifications to help maintain updated client files/accounts for adherence to appointments: such as date of next laboratory test and nature of test, date of next drug pickup at pharmacy, etc.
• Support facilities to maintain a database of clients in cohort groups, based on common
factors such as dates of enrolment, dates of appointment, etc.; manage and maintain up to date reports on clients’ progress towards attaining medication adherence, treatment
retention and viral suppression and enroll clients on EAC with unsuppressed Viral Load.
• Record details of client inquiries, comments and complaints/complements, as well as
appropriate actions taken; and record eventual feedback/satisfaction levels obtained.
• Facilitate establishment and management of DSD models appropriate to client needs to enhance adherence to care.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Knowledge and experience in client experience or customer relationship management.
preferably in the service industry.
• Knowledge and experience working with culturally diverse clients
• Good project management skills with an ability to interact with and motivate others to
succeed on several fronts, simultaneously.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills; with ability to operate at all levels, and both internally and externally.
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Self-motivated, quick learner, organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasker
Prioritizes workload and meets deadlines for a variety of client relationship management "deliverables".
• Demonstrates initiative with a results orientation, while exhibiting strong drive and
• Proficient with Microsoft Windows platform and the entire Office pro Suite; to include MS word and Excel
• Ability to manage the additional aspects of work with minimal supervision
• 1-3 years’ experience of working in ART management.
• Education: Diploma in Clinical Medicine, Public Health, Nursing, Project management, social work, Development Studies or similar qualification. Certification as a professional HIV counsellor is an added advantage. Must be registered with the General Nursing Council of Zambia/Health Professions Council of Zambia and possess a valid practicing license. ART management training will be an added advantage
• Planning skills: able to effectively coordinate and organize client relationship operations to ensure client adherence to treatment regimens, retention on ART and eventual viral suppression. Experience working with Key Population will be an added advantage
• Communication skills: Ability to effectively interact with clients to build and establish lasting relationships
• Analytical skills: ability to conduct investigations to resolve complex client issues, and improved client experience.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.