J&J Transport Zambia Limited is looking for a suitably qualified individual who will be able to promote organizational excellence by overseeing the exports function of the organization which involves exceptional service delivery, relationship building and improving turnaround times with a focus on inbound border crossings and timely offloading.
Reports to: Zambia Operations Manager
- Ensure required arrangements are in place at all times, and communicated to the relevant Fleet team to enable timely release of trucks at loading points – this includes weekends/holidays;
- Clearly communicate/coordinate requirements for specific loads and diversions to drivers and transporter fleets and follow up to ensure all instructions are followed;
- Monitor and report on truck movements to ensure shortest possible round-trip times by improving efficiencies at all outbound border crossings;
- Communicate and push for any additional expenses and charges incurred en route outbound of Zambia to all relative parties (Clients and transporter fleet);
- Be aware of, and ensure ahead of time that the appropriate export documentation is in place and liaise with customers, agents, border assistants and authorities to minimize all outbound border crossings times;
- Update customers on the position of the cargo as and when changes take place; update Customer specific export details when needed and/or required with the use of Fleet Management.
- Academic Background: CILT Certification;
- Experience required (minimum/maximum): with 3-5 years, with relevant management experience in a similar role within the transport industry;
- IT knowledge: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word; excel; power point);
- Age (minimum / maximum): 28-40;
- Others: English – good level of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Good knowledge of local organization;
- Applicants must be Zambian or have a residence permit in Zambia;
- Good understanding of the Business and Business needs;
- Leadership Experience;
Preference (soft skills/behaviours)
- Display the highest levels of responsibility and accountability;
- Hard worker, with high levels of dedication;
- Energetic hands-on individual that is proactive and results orientated with an assertive approach and strong leadership skills;
- Decision maker and quick thinker with ability to resolve operational problems;
- Good communication and Co-operation skills;
- Strong customer relationship management skills;
- Details orientated (accuracy when working);
- Good time management and planning skills;
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and Top Management;
- Conflict management ability;
- Willingness to work late as per required workload;
- Show high levels of skills and interest in developing others;
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role;
Preferences for immediately available candidates committed to working weekends and longer hours.
Interested candidates are to send a cover letter and their CVs with copies of their qualifications to [email protected] by Saturday 27th March 2021.