Jobs at:The Civil Society for Poverty Reduction
Deadline of this Job:
10 September 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Civil Society for Poverty Reduction (CSPR) is an anti-poverty advocacy network that has been building the voice for the poor in the fight against poverty. It was established in 2000 to promote the effective and meaningful participation of citizens and civil society across the country in the formulation, implementation, and monitoring of the National Development Plans (NDPs).
Minimum qualifications required
• Masters degree in social sciences or equivalent. Other qualifications with project management will be an added advantage.
• Minimum work experience required
• Minimum 5 -10 years relevant experience, with a traceable record of performance in programme management, resource mobilization, policy analysis and advocacy. Referees should therefore preferably be the most recent who have been direct supervisors to support the work experience, professionalism, and conduct.
• Has capabilities to Plan strategically and organize, has Leadership Analytical Skills, Result oriented, Problem solving skills, Capacity building, Project management skills, Team worker, Communications skills and Public speaking skills, Strategic planning capabilities and is able to support the professional growth of others.
• Coordinating the structure of the network, forward planning as well as implementing the Government and Institutional Development programme.
• Facilitates performance management by providing administrative support for the performance appraisals and discipline administration and maintaining necessary records.
• Manages the CSPR Secretariat to ensure that all functions are well integrated and support the overall service delivery operations of the Secretariat
• In collaboration with the Board, formulates and implements policies to improve the performance of CSPR programmes and projects as necessary (Stores Means of Verification)
• Directs overall development, implementation and adherence to all the human resources policies and systems
• Responsible for recruitment of all members of staff
• Oversee development of appropriate administrative and financial management policies
• Develops appropriate human resources policies and procedures in consultation with the staff management and the appropriate processes under the Board of Directors to facilitate consistency in handling of issues related to staff.
• Ensures effective implementation of the human resources policies
• Maintain staff contracts, personal files, and other staff records
• Participates in the formulation of broad CSPR programme strategies, Code of Conduct and values and interprets them in the management of CSPR
• Provides accurate and timely reports to the Board on the performance of programmes as well as financial performance as required.
• Sustain CSPR’s existing relations and agreements with Cooperating Partners and establish new partnerships
• Participates in Board meetings as Secretary and ensures the provision of secretarial support relating to the organization of Board meetings and maintenance of records pertaining to the Board functions, as necessary.
• Periodically carries out policy analysis and relevant input for the network.
• Contributes to national policy discussions on behalf of the network.
• Take lead in mobilizing resources for the operations of the organization and program implementation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application letters, CVs and copies of Qualifications and any necessary supporting documents must be sent to Primary email: [email protected]