The Equipment Product Specialist will be responsible for effective relationships across target Underground mines in the Sales Area. Key aspects of the responsibilities are building long-term relationships and expanding business opportunities, which require detailed understanding of the target market with the sole mission to improve underground equipment application methods for optimised customer productivity.
- Business planning, budgeting, and forecasting as well as follow up of the product line(s)
- Keep up to date with competition activities and ensure market competitiveness.
- Collect and maintain market data of own and competitors’ activities.
- Liaise between Customers and Sandvik to ensure all issues are settled in a timely manner.
- Coordinate internal resources to ensure availability of high-level support for immediate problems.
- Ensure standardisation of way of working between Product Support Product Specialist and A&I Product Specialists and ensure alignment in solutions provided to internal and external customers.
- Provide high level support for technical problems and draw up feedback reports when necessary.
- Frequently conduct site visits to collect relevant information and attend to any queries that the customer might have relating to equipment applications.
- Submit Order On Works (OOW) for project related products and product modifications that pass through the workshop
- Through interaction with Workshop Manager and Foremen to ensure that product modifications and Engineering changes from production companies are carried out on the designated product
- Work with factories and other local stake holders on defining recommended spare parts lists for the department all new equipment.
- Assist with Account Managers with project feasibility studies, project proposals and the project execution by utilising standard Project Management methodologies
- Involvement with forecasting and budgeting
- Ensure CRM/ sales Tools are up to date with valid cases and customer visit reports.
- An outgoing and self-reliant nature
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Value Based Selling skills
- Knowledge of Customers
- Project Management skills
- 7 years’ experience with Sandvik equipment
- 3 years Management experience in the Technical product field and understanding of different mining methodologies and product related application.
- Experience in technical discussions with middle management & business discussions with senior management
- Successful Value selling experience.
- Experience in project and operational management
- Business acumen and background in business and account management
- Valid driver’s license
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Mining) or 7 years’ experience in a Mining, Technical and Sales environment
- EIZ Membership
- Computer literate with proven Computer skills
- Sandvik product knowledge
- Strong technical background across engineering disciplines
- Fitness for underground and surface mines (Silicosis Certification)
To apply for this job please visit sandvik.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .