Emergency Response Field Medic Officer
Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC)
Deadline of this Job:
11 September 2021
Within Zambia , Lumwana , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Emergency Response Field Medic Officer
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Emergency Response Supervisor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Emergency Response Field Medic Officer.
Reporting to the Emergency Response Supervisor, you will be responsible to provide expedient and effective emergency services in field medic callouts, administering basic and advanced life support to patients at the scene, enroute to the hospital and prehospital setting in accordance with the Zambian law and Barrick standards to minimise health deteriorating situations within Lumwana Mining Company site / Lease area township and community. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Respond to all Emergency situations across site in a timely and effective manner,
• Attend all callouts in a confidential and professional manner.
• Conduct weekly planned maintenance programs as scheduled and undertake all duties as directed commensurate with skills knowledge/ training
• Ensure all emergency vehicles, equipment and accessories are in a constant state of preparedness after pre- starts.
• Conduct weekly, monthly, and quarterly standard tests on ER equipment in accordance with the SOPs and OEMs specifications/manuals.
• Compiling PM weekly and quarterly reports to the ER supervisor to reflect emergency preparedness, equipment availability and the general status of emergency equipment’s on Mine site and Township.
• Respond appropriately and resolve emergency situations in a timely manner
• Contribute to availability of Emergency Response stock and equipment by following all procedures for correct usage, replacement, care, and maintenance
Experience & Qualifications
• Must have Grade 12 full School Certificate
• Must have Diploma in Emergency Medical Care Technician (EMT).
• Must be member of the Health Practitioner Council of Zambia (HPCZ).
• Post qualification experience in rescue and emergency services, preferably in the mining industry (Nationally accredited qualifications – Basic firefighting, Basic Life Support) will be an added advantage
• At least three years of work experience in Emergency Medical services preferably in Mining Industry
• Computer Literacy
• Valid Driver license- Zambian C class
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.