The Electrical Engineering Technologist will join our fast-growing energy team in Lusaka. They will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in solar, wind and energy storage. They will work with our multi-discipline teams and will contribute with their knowledge in electrical design of renewable energy generation, substations, and low/medium voltage distribution.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Develop preliminary and detailed design drawings (e.g. single line diagrams (SLDs), general arrangements, elevations, 3-line diagrams, schematics, etc)
- Prepare reports, specifications, construction cost estimates, etc.
- Assist with proposals, scheduling and engineering cost estimates
- Produce bills of materials
- Perform ampacity and voltage drop calculations and other system calculations
- Perform site visits to validate scope requirements and determine existing conditions, inspect construction, prepare site survey reports, and participate in commissioning activities
- Liaise with clients, regulatory authorities, and utilities
- Coordinate with other disciplines and stakeholders either internal or external
- Assist in training junior staff
- Complete applications for municipal construction permits
- Accomplish solutions through application of industry standards and electrical engineering design principles specifically in renewable energy systems, including photovoltaic (PV), Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and power systems
- Ensure designs conform to all applicable codes and client standards
- Perform and assist with additional duties and tasks based on project requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in electrical layout in the energy sector and including low and medium voltage layouts, single lines
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in electrical engineering technology (power generation or distribution system preferred). or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified Engineering Technologist/Technician with EIZ an asset
- Familiarity with low and medium voltage indoor distribution equipment (panels, switchgear etc.)
- Familiarity with cable routing, detailed design of conduit & tray systems, cable terminations and supports, etc
- Working knowledge of the Zambian electrical code and IEEE standards, typical equipment dimensions, connection details
- Working knowledge in AutoCAD and other design software
- Familiarity with outdoor substation design an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Equipment commissioning and grounding grid testing experience is an asset
- Ability to travel across the country for work
- Valid driver’s license.
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to the email below: