Position : Electrical Engineer Intern
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to : Coordinator – Planning and Reliability
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Electrical Engineer Intern.
Reporting to the Planning and Reliability Coordinator, the interns will undergo intensive training to equip them with technical skills to enable them to provide engineering support to the operations such that safety compliance, equipment integrity and equipment availability is maximized. Through mentoring and coaching, they will be required to perform duties which will include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide strong technical support on equipment related matters.
- Undertake engineering equipment specifications for equipment procurement and equipment repairs.
- Undertake equipment management of change for equipment modifications.
- Undertake engineering improvement projects, including feasibility, design, procurement, execution and commissioning phases.
- Under condition monitoring activities such as Vibration analysis and Thermal imaging
- Update engineering drawings, equipment registers etc.
- Undertake equipment reliability improvement projects.
- Develop and update equipment condition and equipment performance monitoring datasets.
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- BSc Electrical Engineering Degree (or related studies) .
- Minimum of one year experience in Electrical Engineering, preferably within the mining industry
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to learn.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
Mar 24, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
To apply for this job please visit barrick.taleo.net .