At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
The RWTS electrical coordinator is responsible for the electrical maintenance of mobile mining equipment and the maintenance workshop. He or she will lead a team of mostly local technicians and engineers to meet electrical maintenance key performance indicators (KPls) and reliability. Included in the list of KPls is:
- To minimize unplanned downtime. Target hours to first fault after service must be above 75 hours.
- To lead root cause analyses of failures and coordinate and track plans to prevent them thereafter. The target mean time between breakdowns must be above 150 hours.
- Lead operational safety of maintenance crews to achieve O LTis and O accidents.
- Report electrical safety incidents within 24hrs of occurrence.
- Optimize planned maintenance services to facilitate O delays on services.
- Organize and schedule planned jobs to accomplish a minimum of 70% employee utilization.
- Lead a team of supervisors and specialists to attain KPls
- Provide insightful technical and logistical support.
- Guide the Maintenance and repair organization with updated performance/execution information, KPls and management recommendations.
- Support the continuous improvement processes and initiatives and lead the defect elimination processes across the department.
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are carried out as per the OEM recommendations and/or management through the standard KML Change management procedure.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to subordinates, including ongoing training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management.
- Ensuring the right people are in the right job as well as putting in place a succession plan for all positions.
- Analyze event information from VHMS downloads to carry out RCAs, trend common failures, intervene before catastrophic failures occur, and promote safety.
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with extensive field experience in the electrical maintenance of Mobile Mining Equipment.
- Extensive hands-on experience with most the following equipment:
Komatsu 960E/860E/ HD1500 Dump Trucks
Komatsu D3754/ 475A Dozers
Komatsu HD785-7 Utility Trucks
Komatsu WD500/WD900-3 Wheel Dozers
Komatsu WA380/WA600 Wheel Loader
Caterpillar CA 777D Low bed
Volvo A40F ADT
Liebherr T284 Trucks
Letourneau LE2350 Loader
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a maintenance role.
- Experience in/ Knowledge of 6-sigma, Lean, Kanban, Statistical Process Control, Kaizen, etc.is an added advantage
- Experience in using engineering management software Pronto is essential.
- A qualification in project management is an advantage.
- At least 5 years in a senior supervisory role.
- Experience in mining or other heavy industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be of sound mind.
- Must be responsible, focused and self — motivated.
- Ability to interact with people and work cohesively with them.
- Must physically be capable of using and moving equipment and tools.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision and pressure.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Fluent English speaker.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .