Vacancy title: Education Coordinator – ECCDE[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Education ]
Jobs at:Save the Children International
Deadline of this Job:
19 August 2022
Within Zambia , Mongu , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Learn more about Save the Children International
Save the Children International jobs in Zambia
The Education Coordinator will be responsible for delivery of the ECCD project in Western Province, Zambia. The Coordinator, in collaboration with other thematic leads, will be responsible for delivering on the Country’s Education strategic plan. He/she is the technical lead for the Western Province education project and are responsible for ensuring that programme development and implementation adheres to Save the Children Zambia Country strategy. S/he will provide leadership, strategic direction, guidance, technical backstopping to the project team in line with SCI Child Rights programming and national policy frameworks. They will provide technical support to district offices and partners, to ensure results while utilizing the available resources.
Reports to: Sponsorship Field Manager with dotted line to TS Education
Staff reporting to this post: Three project officers and one driver
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Planning and delivery of quality inclusive education programme in Western Province
• Develop and manage the project work plan and budget for the ECCD programme
• Develop DIP, forecasts and activity implementation plans in line with the SCI annual plan
• Develop partner and team capacity to implement quality education interventions in line with SCI Theory of Change
• Establish and strengthen networks with Ministry of General Education and other lines ministries including other education providers at district and provincial level.
• Ensure that child protection and health concerns are well integrated in the education program
• Facilitate community engagement with parents, caregivers and community at large in order to engage duty bearers to support education as a right.
• Conduct regular monitoring visits, including discussions with beneficiaries to assess progress towards agreed milestones
• Work with MEAL team to design and implement monitoring tools to capture data on project results.
• Regularly review project progress and make decisions that ensure project remains on course
• Ensure that projects adhere to international standards and best practices, with full donor compliance (including delegated budget management responsibility)
• Ensure timely submission of high quality donor reports
• Contribute to knowledge development through production of case studies on our education subsector
• Participate in district and provincial stakeholders meetings and represent SCI in education forums
• The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Education related field with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
• Previous work experience in managing Early child education projects
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of Education sector
• Experience in proposal development
• Good analytical and report writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to set and achieve objectives
• Strong knowledge in project cycle management
• English language proficiency a must
• Strong communication(verbal and writing skills), interpersonal and representational skills
• Flexible and adaptable to dynamic changes and fast-paced work environment
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Knowledge of word, Microsoft excel and power point
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
How to Apply: follow this link or click the apply button below.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 19th August 2022. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply now