At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The Driver, Water Truck will be responsible for the safe, efficient and productive use of the water truck to assist in dust suppression within the pit and other areas within the mine.
- Perform Pre-start and pre-use checks on the truck.
- Drive the truck within the rules and regulations of the relevant work site.
- Constantly monitor vehicle operation and report faults to the supervisor and or the workshop.
- Perform shut down and shift handovers checks on truck.
- Maintain the tyres for the trucks by not running over spillages during operations.
- Demonstrate understanding of Mine driving regulations.
- Able to perform truck driving skills including, steering, backing, docking, measured turns, land positioning, stopping, and judging clearances and distances.
- Ability to operate a truck in a variety of weather conditions and terrain
- Carry out proper procedure for performing safety and emergency equipment inspections.
- Conduct proper procedure for inspecting truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water to verify proper/safe operating levels
- Constantly monitor and respond to safety devices and read-outs whilst operating truck.
- Assist in the maintenance of operational effectiveness of the unit.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full grade twelve (12) certificate
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Knowledge in Basic First Aid and Basic Health and Safety
- Excellent team building, organization and communication skills
- At least 3 Years working experience driving 16 tones Iveco Trucks or similar in a mining environment.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .