Jobs at:First Quantum
Deadline of this Job:
03 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The Driver, Tipper will be responsible for the safe, efficient and productive hauling of material as may be assigned during operations.
• The suitable candidate will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Drive assigned tucks and avoid spillage on the mine roads during operation.
• Maintain the tyres for the trucks by not running over spillages during operations.
• Ensure the check-list is completed and submitted
• Ensure good house-keeping
• Follow operating manuals and general signage
• Report all defects on assigned machine
• Follow correct instructions from the respective supervisor and laid down procedure
• Perform any other duties as me be assigned by the supervisor.
• Minimum Grade 12 Certificate
• Class CE Driver’s Licence – Held for at least 2 years
• Minimum 3 years’ driving experience of a 20 tones Iveco Tipper Trucks or similar.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School