Driver – Mechanics
Jobs at:People in Need (PIN)
Deadline of this Job:
24 December 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Driver -Mechanics
Location: Mongu (with frequent travels)
Period: 6 months (possibility of extension)
Application deadline: 24.12.2021
Starting Date: 03/01/22
People in Need works in Zambia since 2017 delivering lifesaving and development assistance to vulnerable people in the sectors of nutrition, livelihoods, WASH, environment and good governance.
We are looking for an energetic individual with good driving tracked record with mechanics basics and ready to assist our teams in Logistics Department with a lot of logistics tasks.
• Tasks overview: To ensure own security and that of passengers, wearing seat belts at all times, respecting the Highway Code in force in Zambia
• Ensuring the security of persons or vehicles in the vicinity.
• Adjusting his speed according to the Zambian road regulations,
• Informing the Logistic Officer of his movements, from departure through to arrival.
• Deliver parcels, mails, other documents and as directed.
• Pickup documents, quotations, mails receipts and as directed.
• Facilitate pickup of officials from stations and as directed.
• Being responsible for security decisions concerning the vehicle.
• Justifying any detours, trips or stops that were not planned by Logistic Officer.
• Ensuring the number of people who can be officially carried in the vehicle is respected.
• Stowing the vehicles’ loads correctly, keeping the vehicle’s logbook up to date,
• Cleaning the vehicle for services (interior, exterior and engine) and conducting periodic services and work an assisting the Mechanic during repair and work.
• Carrying out a weekly physical inventory of the equipment in his vehicle.
• Daily checklist of oils, tires, battery and mileage.
• Ensure sound running of the vehicle and keep track of expiry of insurance, fitness and road tax.
• Transportation of employees as assigned by the line manager superiors.
• Transportation of goods as assigned by the line manager or superiors Immediately informing the Logistic Officer in the event of a mechanical problem and accident
• Able to do cleaning of surrounding if there is completely nothing to do.
• Must be a Mongu RESIDENT.
• Must have 3 or more years of experience.
• Must have a grade 12 certificate or better.
• Able to do logistics/administrative tasks
• Should have knowledge in Mechanics.
• Must have be able to communicate well in English.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.