Deadline of this Job:
16 September 2021
Within Zambia , Zambia , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The 5-year USAID Zambia Alternatives to Charcoal (A2C) Activity is working to reduce charcoal energy consumption by 25% in Lusaka and 25% in Zambia, and catalyze a 38% increase in the use of private sector low emissions charcoal alternative technologies and/or fuels in order to reduce deforestation directly attributable to charcoal production. A2C works to remove the barriers to alternative technology and fuel (ATF) by strengthening an enabling environment for ATF value chains while promoting enforcement of the charcoal regulatory framework and working alongside consumers to shift preferences away from charcoal. The A2C activity seek to hire The Project Driver who will be working under the overall direction of the Administrative Manager, the Driver is responsible for the operation, care, and timely maintenance of the project vehicle, as well as the safe transportation of vehicle passengers for the USAID Alternatives to Charcoal activity.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Provide driving services to staff and consultants as assigned;
• Operate assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner;
• Maintain accurate, up-to-date records including the vehicle mileage log sheet, vehicle maintenance, fuel card purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from supervisor;
• Keep the assigned vehicle(s) clean inside and outside;
• Ensure proper maintenance of the project vehicle by Coordinating the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with the supervisor;
• Perform periodic minor maintenance on vehicles, such as changing batteries and motor oil at appropriate time, as well as refueling the vehicles.
• Report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor or manager.
• Carry out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are sound.
• Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Secondary Education certificate
• Certificate in automotive mechanics or related
• Valid driver’s license
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an equivalent position.
• Experience working on a USAID-funded program or an international NGO is desired but not required.
• Must have the ability to work effectively in fast-paced, stressful environment.
• In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
• Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
• A motor repair skill certificate will be an added advantage.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Job application procedure
Send an application via email ONLY to [email protected] . In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.