Driver for Mansa Area Programme
Jobs at:World Vision Zambia (WVZ)
Deadline of this Job:
19 October 2021
Within Zambia , Mansa , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based organization dealing with relief aid, development, and advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Driver – Mansa Area Programme
Reporting to: Transport Officer, and the Area Programme Manager
Location: Mansa, Zambia
Purpose of the position: Provide a wide range of expedient transport services for World Vision Zambia to ensure all errands are carried out on time.
• Deliver packages and goods as assigned by various departments
• Facilitate visiting World Vision staff/visitors to hotels/office/field/Airport transfers
• Ensure that all trips are authorized, start and finish mileage is recorded, fuel allocated and purpose of the journey are indicated in the movement log-book before undertaking any trip.
• Ensure that no unauthorized passengers are carried in World Vision Zambia motor vehicles
• Prepare vehicle performance report and submit to Transport office timely
• Drivers should ensure high standards of cleanliness and tidiness both inside and outside motor vehicles under their custody all the time.
• Report all accidents and defects on motor vehicles so that they can be attended to on time by the Transport Officer.
• Monitor and ensure that the status of motor vehicles e.g engine oil, water, brake fluid, and tyre condition, etc are in a good state before using the motor vehicle
• Drivers should familiarize themselves with transport policy
• Attend and participate in weekly chapel and daily devotional meetings
• Attend to any other duties which might be assigned by the transport officer
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Attend and participate in daily devotions
• Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
• Education: Grade 12 standard of education
• Experience: 3 – 5 years working experience
• Must have a valid Zambian driving License
• Good skill in human relationship
• Must have a thorough knowledge of the road safety rules and regulations
• Good knowledge of car mechanics, with a certificate in car maintenance, is an added advantage
• Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Ability to prioritize work and need for urgency
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please click here to apply.