- Company: Sightsavers
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chinsali
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world.
Title: Driver /Admin Assistant
Location: Chinsali, Zambia
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Contract: One Year Fixed Term Contract with the aim of renewing.
Sightsavers are recruiting for an experienced Driver to provide support to our exciting new Inclusive Education project in the Chinsali area.
As Driver, you will be required to transport office and project staff, consultants and visiting Sightsavers staff to and from project sites. You will ensure the maintenance and safety of all office vehicles at all times and perform clerical duties in support of the efficient running of the office.
The role of Driver provides day-to-day administrative support including messenger tasks and duties, banking, liaison with visitors, receiving and directing calls, taking messages, receiving and circulating incoming and outgoing mail, distributing documents, assisting with workshop events and travel arrangements, undertaking photocopying, scanning, filling, purchasing of office supplies and other administrative duties.
Requirements for the role of Driver / Administrator:
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Certificate (with 5 pass), or equivalent experience
- A clean and valid driving licence, Class C or above. (You will be asked to provide proof of this before interview)
- Have held your driving licence for at least two years (for insurance purposes). You will be asked to provide proof of this before interview
- Extensive driving experience
- Defensive Driving skills
- Work experience gained within a busy INGO/NGO office environment.
- English language communication skills
- Computer literate
- Be willing/able to relocate to Chinsali District
- Knowledge of equality of opportunity for people with disabilities
Closing date: 25 July 2021
Interviews: are expected to take place w/c 9 August and will be held remotely using video call. The successful candidate will be asked to complete a driving assessment by an independent body where all Covid-19 health and safety precautions will be adhered to.