The five-year (2020-2025) USAID Local Impact Governance Activity (Local Impact) will help Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The program will engage national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of district-level governance bodies to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation.
The activity will work toward three objectives:
- Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
- Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
- Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia.
The Driver will be responsible for the safe transportation of staff and other authorized individuals, upkeep and maintenance of project vehicles in compliance with USAID and DAI rules and regulations, and the completion of travel logs, fuel reports and other basic logistics tasks.
- Ensures safety of passengers in vehicle by requiring passengers to buckle seatbelts and by practicing safe driving skills
- Handles general maintenance of project vehicle (including conducting daily vehicle inspections, reporting any damage or issues, and overseeing service and repairs to vehicle as necessary)
- Ensures adequate fuel levels in project vehicle
- Accurately and consistently maintains the project vehicle log in accordance with project regulations
- Ensures vehicle registration and insurance certificate are present in vehicle and notify administrative team in advance of expiry
- Manages vehicle maintenance including regular check-ups, cleaning, and fueling
- Maintains accurate vehicle trip and maintenance logs
- Submits regular scheduled fuel usage reports
- Manages vehicle and trip scheduling, as needed
- Maintains accurate records and paperwork on all vehicle-related purchases and maintenance
- Provides safe transportation to and from locations for project staff
- Ensures compliance with all DAI and local driving laws and regulations
- Provides leave of absence cover for staff as required
- Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately
- Prepared to travel to project provincial offices as required
- Performs any other duties as assigned
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE AND REPORTING
- The position will be based in the Local Impact Activity’s main office in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Administrative Officer.
- There may be some travel to provincial offices
- Some high school level schooling is preferred
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience as a driver for USAID-funded projects, preferred
- Excellent driving record
- Valid local driver’s license
- Excellent road knowledge of Lusaka and main routes to provinces
- Basic literacy skills with the ability to complete driving logs and maintenance/fuel reports
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands
- Excellent people-skills, friendly and professional demeanor
- Good working knowledge of English
- Use the URL provided in the advertisement to apply
- Applications must be received before the closing date
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified
- No phone inquiries
To apply for this job please visit fs9.formsite.com .