The driver is responsible for operating a variety of vehicles used by the company on its various day to day operations and projects for the purposes of transporting people, equipment, documents and other materials to various locations as instructed by his/her supervisor.
In general, the driver will play a key role in ensuring that the company’s transportation requirements are met, run smoothly and on schedule, by participating in adequate planning, problem solving, following the instructions of his/her supervisor and fulfilling the obligations required of the position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Clean and inspect vehicle [s] at the start of each work day and report any issues (includes standard basic mechanical checks and ensuring that the car seats are clean and comfortable for all riders)
- In consultation with his/her supervisor, plan and map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most convenient and practical trip
- Pick up and drop off passengers (company employees, consultants, contactors and clients), equipment and/or documents from and to the places requested and indicated on the approved daily transport schedules.
- Assist with loading and unloading equipment and materials where required.
- Listen to and/or track traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions.
- Adjust routes to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
- Looking forward in the plans and schedules to ensure awareness of what is required from transport during any particular period.
- Oversees the repair and maintenance of vehicles, ensuring they are in optimum working condition and road worthy.
- Maintaining a good atmosphere and spirit amongst the team and in the workplace.
- Maintain a balance between efficiency, resourcefulness and quality of work.
- Adhere to health and safety protocols including with COVID 19 preventative measures.
- Participate in all meetings as agreed upon by the company
- Adhering to deadlines and schedule instructions
- Immediately bring any issue that arises to the attention of his/her supervisor
- Taking the position seriously as you are in an important/ respected/ crucial role
- Fulfil any other obligations required of the position.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- EIM reserves the right to review and adjust the terms of reference from time to time depending on the requirements of the project.
- Daily Vehicle Checklist
- Daily Mileage Logs
- Daily Activity Reports
- Other deliverables as required and/or requested from time to time.
Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate
- Valid driver’s license (at least 2 years)
- Proven work experience as a Driver for at least 5 years
- Pleasant manner and positive attitude
- Time-management and organization skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Honesty and Integrity
- Class C Driver’s License
- Qualifications in Auto Electrical and/or Auto Mechanics
- Comprehensive knowledge of routes in Lusaka
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to the email below: