About Project Concern Zambia (PCZ)
PCZ is a local Zambian organization affiliated with Project Concern International (PCI), a Global Communities Partner, an INGO operating in Zambia since 1996. PCZ strengthens the capacity of community-based organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations and collaborates with the Government Republic of Zambia (GRZ) to address the health and socioeconomic needs of vulnerable children, adolescents and their primary caregivers and make them resilient to overcome hunger and hardship.
Funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), with support from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the Empowered Youth Program II (EYP II) is implemented in 14 districts in Central and Southern Provinces. The aim of the program is to improve the resilience and health outcomes among Vulnerable Children and Adolescents and their primary caregivers.
PCZ seeks to recruit three (3) Drivers to be placed in Lusaka, Choma (covering Southern Province) and Kabwe (covering Central Province)
The driver will be assigned to project vehicles and will be responsible for transporting PCZ staff and consultants to all our sites. The driver will ensure vehicle is kept clean, in good mechanical order at all times, and not abused. The driver will also be expected to provide office support services as required.
- Operate PCZ vehicles in a safe and responsible manner, with the safety of passengers a paramount concern at all times
- Properly maintain assigned vehicles in all aspects including cleanliness
- Ensure that project vehicle is in good working order at all times by performing necessary checks on tires and engine; advise supervisor of any maintenance required or service/repairs undertaken
- Monitor vehicle mileage logbook in an accurate and consistent manner and submit log sheets to supervisor
- Monitor fuel consumption of vehicle assigned at all times and report any high consumption to the supervisor
- Monitor schedule of full-service requirements on project vehicle assigned in timely manner
- Ensure security of assigned vehicle by parking it in a safe, secure location
- Provide high level of customer service through being punctual, courteous, and discreet in all matters concerning PCZ
- Report any incidents involving PCZ vehicles or passengers to supervisor immediately
- Complete office support services as assigned, when not scheduled for driving duties
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and experience
- Grade 12 General Certificate Examination
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong verbal communication skills to communicate effectively and professionally, and with cross-cultural sensitivity
- Customer service skills
- Ability to take initiative and ownership, and follow-through on all tasks
- Pleasant, professional, and approachable mannerism
- Valid driver’s license (Class C) and excellent driving record
- May be asked to work overtime during peak time periods
- Basic Knowledge of Mechanics
- Professional drivers’ training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Microsoft Outlook
- First aid training
- Certificate in defensive driving
- NGO Experience
To apply for this job please visit pcz.org.zm .