Jobs at:Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2021
Within Zambia , Chingola , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd is a dynamic and vibrant Company providing water and sanitation services in the Municipalities of Chingola, Mufulira and Chililabombwe. At Mulonga, all employees play a crucial role in moving the company “towards purified excellence”. Thus Mulonga acknowledges the importance of having a team that will actualize its objectives and ultimately transform Mulonga into “the most admired utility in Africa”. To ensure this is achieved, Mulonga commits to attract and retain the best employees through a systematic talent management process.
Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates to join the team in the positions listed below.
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation employees are also encouraged to apply for the position.
1 x Director Technical (3 years’ contract)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the job holder will provide policy guidance and technical support across the entire Company’s engineering operations so as to meet operational targets and standards as well as advocacy with statutory bodies and other stakeholders, in line with the service level guarantees in place.
Summary of Main Accountabilities
• Direct the technical operations of the Company to ensure that set targets are met
• Initiate the policies and operations standards for the performance of plant, machinery and water and sewage networks and ensures adherence to maintenance schedules by operating Divisions.
• Develop both long term and short term technical strategic plans for operations to ensure sustainable operations.
• Monitors adherence to safety, health issues in the company to ensure safe operating environment for all staff in the company
• Set the policies and monitoring tools for quality results obtained for both water and sewerage and directs corrective action where necessary
• Set standards for the provision of overall technical input in procurements of equipment and services and approve engineering operations purchase requisitions and attendance to tender committee meetings.
• Participate in the preparation and review of all relevant project documents
• Provides technical input in investment funding initiatives commissioned by the company with major funding agencies
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Full grade twelve certificate
• BSc or BEng Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
• Master’s Degree in related Engineering discipline (water) will be an added advantage
• Minimum 7 years’ experience at managerial level in a comparable organisation
• Registered Engineer
• Valid Driver’s License (Ability to Drive Manual Vehicle)
• A good understanding of organizational dynamics and technical process and policies.
• A good understanding of engineering principles with a good understanding of water utility infrastructure.
• Able to anticipate the challenges and opportunities which arise from customer, regulatory, technological and sector changes and translate these into coherent strategy.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Ability to work in fast pace working environment.
• A wide range of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Ability to develop a variety of effective presentations persuasive with a variety of techniques, for example, by using computer graphics to represent the findings of research.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you have the necessary competences/qualifications we are looking for, please submit your application together with a comprehensive C.V. including your contact telephone number and certified copies of your certificates and names of three referees to the address below or Email to [email protected] not later than Tuesday, 14th September, 2021 .
Please note that only short listed candidates will be communicated to.
The Director Human Resources and Administration
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Musonko House, Kabundi Road
P O Box 11712
“Mulonga – Towards Purified Excellence”