World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based organization dealing with relief aid, development, and advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Development Facilitator – Assessments x 2
Reporting to: Area Programme Manager
Location: Mansa, Zambia
Purpose of the Position:
To understand the current situation and the context of the district for the potential Area Programme, with the view of identifying opportunities, vulnerabilities, capacities, and resources present. Additionally, being able to decide feasibility of the programme, and set priorities in consultation with district stakeholders.
- Lead assessment and design processes as per standard in the Development Programme Approach.
- Ensure that the assessment processes (including sponsorship and special projects) are implemented timely and budget spent according to the project operation plan.
- Facilitate community engagement and networking with partners and communities through the assessment and design process
- Facilitate the assessment process and utilize appropriate tools for data collection.
- Build relationships with and among government organizations, Traditional leaders, Non-Governmental Organisation’s, Churches and other Faith Based Organisations
- Develop the draft assessment report and Area Programme Plan document in a participatory manner with all key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the communities and other stakeholders to mobilise for child sponsorship
- Ensure Area programme priorities and approaches are aligned with community, partners and National Office strategies.
- Write and submit monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports timely.
- Document the entire assessment and design process adequately.
- Support the recruitment and orientation of all Area Programme staff about WV Ministry.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Development Programmes and Program Management in a complex, international organisation, preferably in the NGO context.
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Strong community engagement and facilitation skills
- Working knowledge in child sponsorship
- Working knowledge of IciBemba is an added advantage
- Proven track record on partnership facilitation skills
- Proven track record on strong community engagement skills
- Experience in networking is necessary
- Excellent skills in project design and report writing.
- Excellent communication and human relations skills.
- Holder of a Driver’s license.
- Mature Christian, with strong integrity.
- Good understanding of World Vision core values and Commitment to core values.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: 10% Office-based with 90% travel to the field
- Travel: international as required
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org .