Vivo Energy Zambia distributes and markets Engen branded fuels in retail sites and Shell lubricants to its commercial customers.
We serve various market sectors ranging from construction, mining, power generation and agriculture to food processing.
Vivo Energy Zambia offers high-quality products and services to its customers, setting new standards for safety, innovation and service, wherever we operate.
Vivo Energy Zambia is looking to recruit for the position of Depot Manager to be based in Lusaka.
To oversee the daily operations of the depot and manage the depot team in order to meet specified targets, ensuring the delivery of a cost-efficient service to all customers whilst complying with Health Safety Security and Environment (HSSE) policies and procedures as well as legislative requirements.
Managing both operational and product related risk in the depots.
Promote safe working practices
- Managing all HSSE issues related to product receipt, storage and secondary distribution.
- Managing the depot activities and ensuring that they fully support marketing through continuous and timely despatch and receipt of product.
- Provide measurable input to the depot business strategy.
- Ensuring that operating procedures for each key activities are in place, followed and are regularly updated to reflect any policy or operational changes.
- Ensuring that product measurement at receipt, storage and issue is done in compliance with both Company and National legal requirements, including carrying out bi-annual calibration of loading meters and annual calibration of secondary distribution vehicles
- Managing company assets in the depots, ensuring that they are kept securely and maintained in a manner that will preserve and serve satisfactorily over their expected lifetime of useful service.
- Managing and coordinating facility safety and technical audits for all depots and closing out outstanding issues.
- Ensuring on- time fuel deliveries.
- Developing and monitoring operational expenses.
- Monitoring losses on a daily basis, preparing formal reports, deducing likely problems and effecting immediate remediation.
- Managing the performance of the depot team and building their competencies in line with Vivo Energy requirements.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience/Skills
- Minimum of a Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Production Management or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in depot or production operations management in the oil & gas, manufacturing or mining industries
- Experience in cost and productivity optimization.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage self in the face of flexible work demands
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Project management skills
- Result oriented
- Self-motivated and driven
- Valid Driver’s License
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com .