Position: Coordinator – Planning and Reliability (x 1)
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Superintendent – Planning and Reliability
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Coordinator – Planning and Reliability (x 1)
Reporting to the Superintendent –Planning and Reliability, you will be responsible for supporting the operations in maximising the availability of the assets through robust reliability improvement and maintenance planning by undertaking equipment strategy development, life cycle cost analysis and reliability improvement. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop life cycle cost models for critical assets and critical fleet types that optimise life cycle costs.
- Improve equipment reliability through equipment condition monitoring review and asset integrity review.
- Develop detailed scopes of work for future planned work schedules that improves resource effectiveness and reduces risk by incorporating work instructions and quality assurance / compliance requirements.
- Develop short-term and long-term integrated maintenance schedules of work that optimises equipment downtime and resource utilization.
- Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness.
- Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures, and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Become actively involved in Barrick’s aims and objectives of engaging with the local community and strive to leave a positive impact on the longer-term outcomes for local people. Promote the integration between this engagement and the success of the business.
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Industrial Engineering, or, Technical Trade Qualifications.
- Minimum of 10 years mining experience focused on either mobile fleet or fixed plant.
- Demonstrated experience in improving reliability and maintenance planning
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams of people
- Competent in equipment strategy development using RCM methods, life cycle costing, root cause analysis (RCA) and defect elimination processes
- Holder of a valid driver’s Licence.
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .