- Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Barrick Gold Corporation Jobs in ZambiaEngineering Jobs in Zambia
Position: Auto Electrician
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Shift Supervisor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for experienced and qualified individuals to be considered for the position Auto Electrician
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor , you will be responsible for the day to day management of all electrical tasks associated with the specific outlines in the duties and ensuring these are completed in a timely manner. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following;
- Install, maintain, diagnose faults and repair electrical wiring
- Able to read, understand and interpret all electrical schematic drawings
- Diagnose, service and repair faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as electronic fuel injection and ignition, cruise control programming of mobile cranes electronic components and automatic transmissions.
- Replace electrical components on heavy mobile equipment
- Clean and test components
- Ensure hazardous substances are disposed of appropriately and Health Safety and Environment (HSE) requirements are met
- Fix problems on instrument panels such as speedometers and fuel and oil gauges
- Repair or replace faulty ignition, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps and switches and use specialised electrical tools and machines
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel at all times.
- Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist immediate supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate
- Craft Certificate in Automotive Electrical.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambian
- Minimum two (2) years mining experience in the testing, replacement, and installation of equipment such as generators, alternators, starter motors and batteries.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence.
- Must have good communication skills in the English language.
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.