- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Engineering Jobs in ZambiaFirst Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM) Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Responsible for wheel and tyre Replacement, Repair and Maintenance
- Identify worn & faulty components needs in accordance with the Company Standards.
- Advise users of work required to be done on the tyres to ensure vehicle is in road worthy condition.
- Remove & refit components and carry out tyre related adjustments in accordance with the Technical Standards and Work Instructions.
- Repair Tyres in accordance with the Technical Standards and Work Instructions.
- Perform tyre replacements, repairs and balancing on motor vehicles.
- Complete tyre request forms as well as collect tyres from other departments.
- Contribute to Good Housekeeping routines by ensuring that goods are placed in proper storage facilities.
- Any duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Minimum of a grade twelve (Grade 12) School Certificate
- Trade or Craft Certificate in a related field.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Valid Driver’s License
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a related role
- Must have vast experience dealing with tyres in the mining industry.
- Ability to achieve result in a cross cultural environment.