Artisan Mechanic, PCR Shovels
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
21 December 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Artisan Mechanic, PCR Shovels
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
The position exists to maintain the complete fleet of Ancillary equipment to the OEM specifications and standards. Responsible to execute both planned and unplanned maintenance work activities on a shift by shift basis safely and effectively. The shift Artisan will perform maintenance activities in a safe and effective manner with the aim of delivering results that meet quality standards and company expectations.
Specific Job Responsibility
Identify Work – 30%
• Carry out equipment inspections and ensure corrective work is identified before it becomes a breakdown.
• Ensure that sufficient information is captured to perform or plan the corrective task by using the work request and or defect notice request process
• Ensure identified work is prioritized according to the potential risk to HSE & equipment availability
• Discuss with the off-going or on coming crew potential safety hazards and issues, ongoing work from previous shifts, progress of the mining plans and status of work in the schedule
Perform Work – 30%
• Ensure task requirements are clearly understood and all risks identified before commencing the job
• Collect all required tools and equipment prior to commencing the job to promote efficient maintenance practices
• Adhere to all site and company requirements for the use of permits, risk assessments, Isolations and risk management.
• Test & commission the machine to ensure all maintenance activities were effective and the machine is returned in a fit for purpose condition
Record Work & Job Completion – 20%
• Complete all maintenance documentation (Work orders, PM sheets, inspection sheets etc…) in full and to the required standard ensuring that all relevant information relating to the task is completed
• Clean and tag components requiring repair or core return
• Parts not required returned back into stock
• Report broken, damaged or missing tooling
• Ensure all work areas are well maintained and housekeeping standards are adhered to
Participation – 20%
• Participate in on & off the job training and learning opportunities
• Demonstrate interest and wiliness in all equipment and company goals
• Participate and contribute to safety and improvement initiatives
Experience & Qualifications
• Relevant trade or role required experience
• Hold relevant artisan certification in electrical, mechanical or similar
• At least 2 years in mining or heavy industry
• Where appropriate, hold valid driver’s licence
• Trade / Craft Certificate In Heavy Equipment Repair.
• Grade 12 School Certificate.
• Class C Driver’s License, with minimum 2 years Driving Experience.
• Engineering Institute of Zambia EIZ
• Possession of a valid silicosis certificate.
Job Specific Competencies
• Fault finding and diagnostics skills
• CAT / Komatsu large Ancillary mining equipment is an advantage
Key Job Attributes
• The ability work within a group in a challenging and geographically remote environment.
• Sound problem solving skills.
• Satisfactory oral communication skills in English.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .