Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
22 May 2022
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To safely execute maintenance work according to the prescribed standards while ensuring the safety of self and others
• Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
• Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
• Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
• Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
• Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
• Grade Ten (Grade 12)
• Craft Certificate in HER from recognized institution
• Class C Driver’s Incense
• A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role in a Mining environment
• Hands on experience working with CAT and Hitachi trucks
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.