At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Foreman, the Artisan HER will safely execute all maintenance repairs on all heavy equipment components on site according to the prescribed standards while ensuring the safety of self and others.
- Maintains component shop related equipment operations by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges. Keeps all components available for use by inspecting and testing all components; completing preventive maintenance such as, component inspections and parts planning in advance.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using Pantera 1500I Drifter diagnostic equipment such as mechanical test equipment and calibration devices.
- Verifies Pantera 1500I Drifter serviceability by conducting 50-hour service intervals; adjusting controls and systems according to the specific machine requirements.
- Dismantle and reassemble Pantera 1500I Drifters according to OEM standards.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment components using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Maintains component records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps workshop equipment operational by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Repair and service all heavy equipment components within the established standards.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor .
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade Twelve (Grade 12)
- Craft Certificate in HER from a recognized institution
- Member of EIZ
- Minimum of 3 years
- Valid driver’s Licence
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .