Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
02 November 2021
Within Zambia , Kalumbila , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the Role:
• The position exists to maintain equipment to the OEM specifications and standards. The HER Fitter must be able to perform preventative and routine maintenance and work on the Crusher or any equipment as instructed by the supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
• Maintain records by recording service and repairs on equipment.
• Keeps all mining equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Updates job knowledge by using and understanding workshop manuals.
• Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Grade 12 Certificate.
• A minimum of a Craft Certificate in Mechanical Fitting or Heavy Equipment Repair.
• Class C Driver's License, with minimum 2 years Driving Experience.
• Engineering Institute of Zambia EIZ
• Experience on primary and secondary crushers
• Experience on screens
• Experience on conveyor belts and drive motors
• Knowledge of Hydraulic systems and know how to read diagrams.
• Basic knowledge on Electrical fault finding.
• Have 5 years of experience in repairing crusher plants
Behavioural Traits & Skills:
• The ability to make informed decisions.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• A positive, self-motivated and conscientious attitude.
• Detail Orientation.
• Problem Solving.
• Team player.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.