Jobs at:First Quantum
Deadline of this Job:
25 May 2022
Within Zambia , Kalumbila , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
• To assist the Mine Services department in the handling, construction and maintenance of all in pit dewatering systems and services with the focus on all mechanical fitting activities and similar tasks associated within the section.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure statutory Compliance at all times.
• Ensuring that all maintenance is carried out in a safe and efficient manner, to assure maximum reliability and uptime.
• Meeting set work targets for daily work group activities in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Achieving results through prioritizing activities, monitoring the progress of assignments, and holding self-accountable for the results.
• Motivate yourself and others in overcoming obstacles and achieving goals.
• Planning & assisting in laying out of work on new projects.
• Ensuring maximum plant availability at all times.
• A proven ability to work with other disciplines to achieve minimal disruption to plant operating times
• Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
• A minimum of a Grade Twelve (Grade 12) Certificate
• Craft Certificate in Fitter or diesel Mechanic
• Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a large mining operation
Job Specific Competencies
• Proven experience with pumping and piping systems and open pit dewatering, unplanned repair & installation tasks on plant equipment.
• Proven experience with Diesel engines and large pumps and pumping systems
• Valid Zambian driver’s license
• Ability to multi-task & work well in a team environment
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• High regard and commitment to safe work practices
Key Job Attributes
• Participate and contribute in safe practice and environmental awareness
• Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices
• Identify of potential hazards and ensuring appropriate action is taken
• Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness
• Raise, discussion and resolve safety issues at regular meetings
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now