At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
- The position exists to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Carry out planned maintenance jobs as per OEM Standard and work order completion.
- Carry out preventive maintenance on all electrical components of overhead cranes such as VSD’s, PLC’s, Instrumentation, cabling etc.
- Maintain excellent customer relations through frequent communication.
- Prepare accurate service and repair reports in a timely manner.
- Comply with safe working standard, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours at all times.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor.
Qualification, Experience & Skill:
- G12 Certificate
- Electrical Craft Certificate
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas
- Demonstrated ability to work safely
- Able to diagnose problems and potential problems
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Valid driver’s license.
- Have good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised
- Must be self-driven
- Detail Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Bold initiative
- Thinking and working safety
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .