Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
29 December 2021
Within Zambia , Kalumbila , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
In order to facilitate overall management and compliance with the provisions of the mining Regulations 215.The day to day management and operation of activities within your designated area of responsibility. To assist the Shift Supervise in carrying out his duties.
Specific Job Responsibility
• PPE Compliance.
• License Compliance.
• Work place safe declaration.
• Enforce daily and monthly safety talk topic.
• Checklist Compliance.
• Fatigue break management & sign off ensuring compliance to procedure – collection of Fatigue registers, Daily inspection of fatigue procedure compliance
• Conduct daily, weekly & monthly Inspections
• Reporting of accidents, incidents & hazards.
• Assist in accidents and Incidents Investigations.
• Assist with management and supervision of the Load & Haul Rock Breakers.
• Supervise (where required) and inspect operations at the waste dumps, low-grade dumps and live crusher stockpiles.
• Assist the Shift supervisor to ensure all equipment to be serviced is ready and washed on time.
• Ensure the laser Level is charged, available and distributed to the area supervisor is required.
• Ensure chock blocks are available, and stand well kept, chock trucks as necessary.
• Support the manning of trucks where required to ensure utilisation standards.
• Trolley utilisation observations – As required by Shift Supervisor, follow up on trolley usage and observe the use of trolley daily
• Blasting Clearance – Assist with any transportation of personnel during blasting
• Cones LV & Cable – Ensure cones are present at loading areas and assist with distribution
• Lighting Plant Relocations – Daily check of lighting plant availability, location and relocation requirement
• Assist shift supervisor with tyre damage investigations
• Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the Shift Supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications
• At least 3 years’ work experience in a mining environment
• Prior experience in the mining industry will be an added advantage.
• Full Grade 12 school certificate
• Minimum Diploma in Mining Engineering or relevant field.
• Valid Driver’s license.
Key Job Attributes
• Detail Orientated
• Problem Solving
• Must possess Excellent communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Must be flexible to work and attend to any shift as assigned
• Ability to multi-task
• Conflict resolution
• Must be an active listener
• Must be a good team player
• Ability to make precise judgment and decisions
• Ability to delegate as and when need arises
• Must be able to effectively manage time
• Must be smart
• Commercial awareness
Job Specific Competencies
• Machine Operation Monitoring
• Quality Control Analysis
• Working knowledge of production equipment
• Basic knowledge of condition monitoring
• Job specific equipment selection ability
• Report writing skills
• Knowledge of geometry
• Excellent supervisory skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.