Business: Seba Foods Zambia Limited
Work-level: Junior Management (J4)
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to: Country Sales Manager
The Alternative Channels Sales Representative will report directly to the Country Sales Manager and will be responsible for strengthening current client relationships, building new relations and closing sales deals for all 260 Brands’ products (particular emphasis on HEPS porridge and bulk orders of all 260 Brands products) with clients originating from Alternative Channels countrywide, limited to: schools/institutions only.
- Developing a client database of current and potential clients to schools and institutions
- Conduct lead generation activities to create numerous leads for clients from alternative channels, including but not limited to emails, cold calling, attending events, setting up client meetings, following up with clients, etc.
- Travel country wide to identify new client opportunities and understand the market in that province.
- Generate quotations for potential client opportunities and supporting with writing tender, where necessary.
- Ensure all orders made by clients are fulfilled and received accurately and on time.
- Nurture current client relationships and resolve client complaints/problems to ensure client retention.
- Support with the development and implementation of a marketing plan and strategy to reach clients from alternative channels.
- Participate in all sales activities as required by management, i.e. sampling activities promotions, and use of IT (information technology) to carry out sales
- Prepare regular sales reports and reconciliations
- Prepare market reports and other reports management may require
- Ensure targets set by management are met at all times and without fail
Key Qualifications & Requirements
- 3-4 years’ experience working in the field of B2B sales, preferably in FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) industry
- Experience in client-facing roles that interacted with senior and executive level staff in the past, is desired.
- Must have a manual driver license (class B) or motorbike license (class A).
- A relevant four year Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong existing network of business relationships with companies falling under the alternative channels category preferred, with particular emphasis on Schools and institutions.
- Thrives working within strict timelines and in ‘high pressure environments’ and demonstrates excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) required
- Good command of English, Nyanja and Bemba
- Demonstrates a positive and resilient attitude towards challenges
- Enjoys engaging with a host of different people and strong potential to develop business relationships and generate new client opportunities.
- High level of computer literacy with a strong command of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Method of Application
For all interested candidates, please email a cover letter, and resume as well as any other relevant supporting documents to this email:
Please follow this link to complete the assessment form.