Position: Air Conditioning Technician (X2)
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Supervisor – Shift
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Air Conditioning Technician (X2)
Reporting to the Supervisor – Shift, you will be responsible for maintaining Aircon and Refrigeration Technician is responsible for the day-to-day technical tasks associated with the specific outlines in the duties and ensuring these are completed in a timely manner.
- Diagnose, service and repair faults on Aircons and Cold-rooms across site
- Install, maintain, diagnose faults and repair electrical wiring problems and re-gassing
- Test, replace, and install equipment such as generators, alternators and other devices
- Clean and test components and conduct regular servicing of equipment.
- Ensure hazardous substances are disposed of appropriately and Health Safety and Environment (HSE) requirements are met
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel always.
- The position will be expected to positively impact and contribute to the performance of the company through leadership and individual activity.
- Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist immediate supervisor
- Carry out administrative functions commensurate with the role.
- Be visible in the workplace, and
- Any other tasks in line with the role as assigned by your supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Craft Certificate in refrigeration/ Basic Certificate in Electrical.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambian
- Minimum two (2) years mining experience in large multi pit operations utilizing large scale mining equipment.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have good communication skills in the English language.
Must be familiar with safe working practices
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .