The IDinsight Africa Operations Team is looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial, teammate to work with the Africa Operations team for 5 months as a maternity cover. This role would commence from mid-May to October 2021.
IDinsight helps leaders combat poverty worldwide by designing, deploying, and promoting evidence-generating tools. We tailor the best methodologies to address our partner’s needs, within their constraints, and work with them to fuse evidence with action. We serve governments, NGOs, foundations, and social businesses across Africa and Asia in all major program areas including health, education, agriculture, livelihoods, finance, energy, and governance.
Our approach rests on four pillars:
- Rigorous: We develop and use a wide range of cutting-edge data and evidence tools, including experimental evaluations, monitoring systems, data analytics and visualization, process evaluations, machine learning, and more.
- Cost-effective: Every dollar spent is justified by expected impact. If funds could be better used in another way, we say so.
- Timely: Actionable information is delivered in time for client decision-making deadlines.
- Demand-driven: We deploy solutions tailored to partner contexts and needs with no competing agendas.
- Our diverse team of over 130 outstanding colleagues operate in nearly two dozen countries around the world. Learn more at www.IDinsight.org.
About the Africa Team:
IDinsight Africa is looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial, teammate to work with the Africa Operations team for 5 months as a maternity cover. The Africa entity is spread across offices in Dakar, Senegal; Lusaka, Zambia; Nairobi, Kenya, and Rabat, Morocco, is almost 50 teammates strong and continues to grow. Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager and working with our country offices, the Africa Regional Operations Specialist will lead efforts including:
Recruitment: Manage end to end of the recruitment process for open jobs in the region, i.e., screening applications, scheduling and coordinating interviews and assessments, applicant tracking, and responding to queries related to our recruitment.
Training and onboarding:
- Manage the onboarding process, i.e., prepare the schedules, send out the requisite documents, work closely with our Global Operations and Regional Admin Leads to ensure that we are prepared for our incoming teammates.
- People management: Ensure that our internal HR systems are up-to-date.
- Culture: Work with our regional teams to ensure that we are keeping a pulse on office culture.
- Problem solve as issues come up — As IDinsight is growing rapidly, various logistical or people-related issues may come up, the Africa Regional Operations Specialist will field questions and queries from teammates as they come up.
Is it YOU we’re looking for?
We are looking for an individual with a ‘’do it, get it done’’ attitude, one who can learn quickly, and execute efficiently during his time. We are currently hiring for an Associate or Senior Associate with 0-3 years of work experience (1-2 years preferred).
Desired qualifications include:
- Passionate about global development and social impact
- People-focused and people-facing, with high levels of empathy and desire to listen to and share in teammates’ victories, concerns, and needs
- Detail-oriented and able to take a task from high-level strategic idea to rapid execution with a large amount of autonomy
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and workstreams
- High level of conscientiousness and attention to detail – finishes work to completion;
- Strong communicator in multiple fora (written communications, public speaking, teamwork, and upward management)
- Strong desire for professional growth and development, with a track record of openness to give and receive feedback
- Ability to work with international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (orally and in writing)
- Previous experience in Operations, Human Resources, or Administration
- Nuts and Bolts
- Location is flexible in Dakar, Senegal; Lusaka, Zambia; Nairobi, Kenya, or Rabat, Morocco. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and track record.
- Start date mid-May. A 5-month commitment is required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: