Jobs at:IHM Southern Africa
Deadline of this Job:
13 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the job The Administration Officer will act as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries. Main duties include managing office stock, Facilities Management, preparing regular reports (e.g. expenses and office budgets) and organizing company records.
Reporting Structure Finance Manager
Job Holder / Person Specifications
Academic & Educational Qualification • Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Similar obtained from an accredited academic institution
• Full grade 12 school certificate.
Knowledge and Experience • Knowledge of using and managing group calendars in outlook and gmail is a plus.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ working experience performing similar duties in a diverse organization.
Skills and Competencies • Excellent and effective communication skills – verbal and written.
• Time management and ability to multitask.
• Tracking Budget Expenses, Managing Processes and Reporting Skills
• Ability to collaborate with others to achieve agreed results and outcomes.
• Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
• Ability to manage time, set priorities and plan workload to meet objectives.
Key Result Areas (Major Duties and Responsibilities)
1.Office Supplies Management • Responsibilities for keeping the office organized and running efficiently. Oversees office supplies — ordering them as needed — keeps track of inventory including anticipating needs for re-stocking
• Maintain and update an accurate inventory of all IHM property, such as computers and laptops, printers, office furniture, office supplies and other office equipment. Make sure that all borrowed equipment is returned after use by staff and/or consultants
• Reports on inventory levels, supply chain progress, procedural efficiency and personnel issues to upper management
• Proposes strategies to reduce costs and improve procedures of supply chain logistics
• Analyzes daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages
• Manages inventory tracking system to record deliveries, shipments and stock levels
2.Facilities Management • Ensuring employees are properly accommodated in a workplace that supports their needs and expectations.
• Monitoring and managing the major assets and technologies within the workplace to ensure maximum return on investment.
• Ensuring the building is maintained, improved, and managed, and that vendor partnerships are managed.
• Ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
• plan best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising of current premises
• Setting up and improving processes that facilitate everyday operations
• Management of office lease for both HQ and provincial hubs
• Responsible for ensuring that office equipment is operational at all time and communicates with technician if servicing or repair is needed.
3.Records Management • Prepare documents, reports, and other records of IHM activities as requested by Management.
• Raise procurements requests for admin related goods and services for the project in accordance with IHM and Donor regulations and procurement plans, including oversight of all bids and billing as appropriate.
• Provides communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; receiving invoices.
• Will be responsible for timely submission of project and administration monthly projections while working closely with departmental leads
4.Supervision and Coordination of the admin unit • Supervises and coordinates all support staff as line manager (daily driver coordination supported by Head Driver) & coordinates duties and work plans for all other admin staff under his/her supervision including but not limited to Receptionist, Office Assistant, Drivers etc
5.Meetings and Staff Travel • Assist with the planning, logistics and management of meetings, workshops and trainings and be responsible for taking and disseminating the minutes of meetings.
• Responsible for coordinating travel authorization (TA) and make staff travel arrangements e.g. hotel bookings, ticketing, travel insurance etc.
• Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
GENERAL INFORMATION: The employment contract is for an initial period of One (1) year with renewal dependent on performance and availability of funding.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants meeting the above-mentioned requirements should send their job application and CV as a single document by email to [email protected] .
The application should also include the following: •
Copies of academic and professional certificates •
A written essay with a minimum of 300 words on the following topic: “During covid 19 pandemic, working from home or teleworking has proven itself as an important aspect of ensuring business continuity. As an Administration Officer for IHM, how would you ensure that maximum support is provided to staff during the times employees are working from home?’’
The closing date for receiving all applications is 13 October 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Note that ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
IHM is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.