|Job Title:||Administration and Procurement Manager|
|Reporting line:||Head of Finance|
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE is the largest independent electricity producer in the world, and one of the major players in natural gas and energy services. The Group has more than 50 years of experience on the African continent and has the unique ability to implement integrated solutions all along the energy value chain, from centralized electricity production to off-grid solutions ( Solar Home Systems, mini-grids) and energy services. ENGIE Africa counts nearly 4,000 employees, has 3.15 GW of power generation capacity – in operation or construction, and is a leader in the decentralized off-grid energy market (Access to Energy) providing clean energy electricity to more than 4 million people through domestic solar installations and local mini grids.
ENGIE Africa created a new business line Access to Energy (A2E) which encompasses the activities of Fenix, Mobisol (2 companies providing Solar Home Systems solutions) and ENGIE Power Corner (active in mini-grids construction and operations). With these three entities, ENGIE Africa underlined that it is bringing decentralized electricity to more than four million people in nine countries. This initiative also illustrates ENGIE Africa’s strong belief in the huge potential of these activities and has built a leading and unique position in the A2E African market and is willingness to input all the necessary resources to make these activities business scalable and grow and deliver on its promises both in terms of revenues and social impact.
The mission of A2E is to deliver affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy solutions and life changing services with exceptional customer experience. We do this in order to improve the quality of life of our customers and support economic prosperity through access to clean energy.
Engie Zambia is seeking a highly motivated and disciplined Administration & Procurement Manager with leadership experience to oversee administrative and purchasing operations of the business and offer best practices across all our operations in Zambia. The Administration & Procurement manager will report to the Head of Finance and will work closely with the Human Resources team to ensure our Zambia operations runs efficiently and in a safe environment.
- Oversee the procurement process of all supplies/services ensuring detailed procedure and selection process is clearly outlined within the procurement policy.
- Coordinate pre-qualification of suppliers to maintain and regularly update the supplier database
- Manage the Approved Supplier List. Ensure all suppliers uphold the terms and conditions of the agreement, and in need of sourcing or changing current agreements coordinate with the procurement committee to facilitate any necessary additions and changes.
- Conduct price checks on all procurement conducted and manage the process to negotiate strong value for money
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease and examine and re-evaluate existing contracts from time to time
- Establish the SLAs for all service providers and suppliers and monitor its compliance
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Work closely with Finance, and seek out clarifications with suppliers on invoices when necessary
- Ensure the Conflict of Interest Policy is upheld throughout all processes of procurement
- Report on realized cost savings on a monthly basis
- Property Management: a) Supervision of repairs and maintenance of properties b) Management of lease all agreements (ensuring leases are renewed before expiry).
- Supervise all maintenance and repair activities with a regular schedule of maintenance for the Fenix’s properties (including warehouse) including the all the service centers
- Safeguard the office, entrusted with maintaining overall office security, office keys as well as management of all administrative issues like hygiene, stationeries, & welfare
- Manage relationship with Landlord and ensure rentals and any other related bills are paid on time for all Fenix locations
- Space usage: Oversight of space usage and management of the fit-out of leased premises in line with business objectives
- Projects: Management of refurbishment of office spaces/outlets
- Oversight of the purchasing of equipment such as furniture, fittings, and equipment/assets
- Vendor Management: Management of specific third party suppliers – cleaners, air-conditioning, generators, office equipment vendor
- Invoice processing for rentals, utilities (water, power, rates etc) including reconciliation
- Serve as the main point of contact for maintenance, office improvements, mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Fenix Zambia office including managing office support staff – caretakers, cleaners, gardeners, etc.
- Maintain a highly professional working environment everyday (demo units set up, whiteboard in every room, etc.) – ensuring that the Fenix office always looks its best
- Manage relationship with Insurance brokers and ensure all insurance policies i.e. Property, GPA, Risk, Good in transit, IT equipment etc. are up to date and premium charges paid promptly
- Assist in monitoring, supervising and ensuring safety measures are incorporated into all business office development
- Conduct performance reviews such as 2x2x2s and 360s for all Admin Team Leads
- Manage the vehicle fleet both at HQ and in the field to ensure efficient and effective use of all company vehicles in line with Engie Policies and Zambia Road Traffic Act
- Oversee field trip bookings and stipends to ensure efficient use of office field vehicle and safe travel to and from the field for team members
- Ensure all office and field vehicles have the necessary valid road tax and fitness throughout the year
- Manage fuel consumption for all office and field vehicles in accordance with fuel policy and budget
- Ensure all Engie drivers are defensive driver, first and fire marshal certified
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures in line with Engie Group Security Protocols
- Lead the team of Security Guards and Security Coordinator to ensure the team is equipped and ready for any emergencies or alarms
- Investigate and resolve any security incidents in partnership with HSE Manager and local authorities’ when necessary
- Analyze data to form proposals for improvements (e.g. implementation of new technology)
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills
- Sound general management experience of at least 5-7 years in a similar role
- Proven experience in Business support services, must demonstrate experience and knowledge of managing support services in a complex environment.
- Team management and coaching
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of and manage ongoing responsibilities;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Undergraduate Degree from a recognized University in Business Administration, General Administration, Procurement or related field.
- Master’s Degree / MBA is a plus
- First Aid & Fire Marshall Certification is a plus
- Membership with Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply Zambia is a plus
- Local language is a plus
- Very strong Microsoft Excel and general data analysis skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io .