2 Audio Frequency Technicians
Jobs at:Radio Maria Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
01 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka and Livingstone , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Radio Maria Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitable qualified persons to fill the under listed fulltime position.
Audio Frequency Technician (2)
1. Reports to the coordinator for any planned or extraordinary audio frequency expense, for planning events such as formation trainings or assistance, and also for working schedule, overtime, travels and for planning his daily work in support of the transmissions.
2. Refers to the Radio Director Priest for the editorial aspects and contents to be able to successfully create the structure of the schedules, create jingles in post-production, or self-promotional messages
3. For any technical support, spare parts, modifications in control rooms and studios, working methods he reports to the Audio Frequency and Radio Automation Continental Technician and in the event of imminent serious problems directly to the World Family of Radio Maria Audio Frequency and Radio Automation Technical Support Office.
Location: Lusaka and Livingstone
• Strong interest in audio and broadcast radio studio activities.
• Great team-worker with most favourable human relations.
• Solid communication skills and the ability and attitude to transfer efficiently his personal knowledge to the non-technical persons (ex. Volunteers).
• Content sensitive of what is broadcasted/aired.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Attitude to be guided
• Diligence and professionalism.
• Good organizational skills.
• Excellent hearing in order to learn properly how to perform the sound & audio settings (equalisations, microphone controls and audio compressors).
• Ability to speak on the microphone.
• Good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Predisposition/good attitude to proper use and maintenance of equipment in an efficient audio studio (Hybrid, Codec, Broadcast Mixing Console).
• Disposition to learn the correct use of the broadcast automation software.
• Adequate knowledge for software audio recording and editing;
• Audition, Sound forge, Wavelab, Audacity, Audio Editor, Pro Tools, Cubase, etc…,
• Record, Play, Save, Export audio Projects in the Editing Software, media players; creating and managing playlists and media libraries,
• Being able to provide technical support on-site and remotely.
• The ideal candidate will be expected to perform ancillary job functions as needed to support the day-today operations of the department.
Intermediate Level Requirements:
• Adequate knowledge about the use of broadcast mixing console (PFL/Q, Mix-Minus, Loudness, EQ’s)
• Suitable knowledge in audio broadcast equipments (Audio CoDecs, telephone hybrids)
• Good knowledge in microphones types and their application;
• Studio, Large-Diaphragm & Small-Diaphragm, Condenser Microphones, Microphone polar patterns; Omnidirectional, Bi-directional or Figure of 8, Subcardioid or Widecardioid, Cardioid, Supercardioid, Hypercardioid, Shotgun and Studio Dynamic Microphones
• Familiarity with miking techniques for spoken voice.
• Proficiency with different types of audio connectors;(Jack ¼” TRS/TS, XLR, RCA, SUB-D, Multi-Pin)
• Handiness in soldering techniques for cables and audio connectors.
• Knowledge of audio recording techniques with studio and portable hardware equipments.
• Basic electrical measurement know-how; (Impedance, Resistance, Volt, Ampere, Watt, AC/DC)
• Understanding the acoustic fundamentals; (sound-waves characteristics, sound pressure and power, decibel)
• Notions of basic electronics & basic electrical engineering.
Software and Hardware IT:
• Familiarity with common software for remote control (VNC, TeamViewer, (etc.)
• Understanding the differences in all common internet connections; (Dial-Up, DSL, maximum theoretical bandwidth and MGB (minimum guaranteed bandwidth)
• Adequate knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, (MAC Address, IPv4, IPv6, DNS)
• Suitable knowledge of Firewalling; LAN, WAN, DMZ, Port-forwarding/NAT
• Basic knowledge of VoIP, AoIP and SIP protocols for Broadcast (Bitrates, QoS, FEC, Jitter, Delay, Buffer, Packet Loss)
• Familiarity with backup & restore of multimedia files.
• Understanding the differences in audio compression algorithms; Lossy and Lossless types.
• Familiarity with the common digital audio standards and protocols; (AES/EBU/AES3, S/PDIF, Wordclock)
• Dexterity with software audio recording techniques; dentification of audio-card, -channel, control of input levels in the audio software
• Ability to make audio editing and post-production; Multi-track editing / Filtering and Equalization / Volume Peak & RMS characteristics / phase / Dynamics: (Pre-Amp, expander – gate – compressor – limiter) / Noise Reduction, De-essing e De-popping / restoring
• Ensure the perfect functionality of all audio-frequency & IT equipments for broadcast.
• Forming and maintaining continuously updated the staff of the radio about the use of equipments and broadcast techniques.
• He is in charge for the recorded and broadcasted audio quality
• Constantly quality checks of the broadcasted audio signal.
• Verifies the technical (audio) quality of the live and recorded programs.
• Offers assistance and support to staff, volunteers and guests for the outside and studio broadcasting.
• Verifies the programming and scheduling technical quality of the radio automation software.
• Accomplish and assists in audio recordings.
• Edits recorded audio materials and work in post-production
• Performs frequently maintenance of the software and hardware automation system & audio equipment.
• Manages the audio streaming encoding PC, for internet streaming and the Logger PC for non-stop recording.
• Creates & backups the audio archives and documents on office computers.
• Administrates LAN networks of the automation system and offices.
• Manages the WAN networks (Firewall, ADSL, VSAT).
• Assist the staff in the use of the standard email addresses of World Family of Radio Maria for communications, and use his standard one (studios.wf and/or computer.wf).
• Setup and manages the office PC/Workstations and creates/configures the email addresses.
• Manages the materials in the studio, warehouse and mobile studios. (Inventory, reorder, reparations)
• Maintain the contacts with consultants and external suppliers (Server management and offices peripherals, internet access, manage e-mail server maintenance, manage the audio and IT equipment)
• Organizes the formation and training, prepares the training materials, of the staff & volunteers, working in the studios and in the outside broadcasting.
• Update the audio and data cable schemes of the studio wiring.
• Physical effort such as standing, walking, frequent lifting
• Manual dexterity in the operation of equipment; may require extended periods of time at a keyboard and screens
• Technical Certificate or specialization in audio-frequency.
• Linguistic knowledge Good to excellent spoken and written English. Able to make a phone conversation presenting clear, detailed descriptions of complex subjects, developing particular points and rounding off with an appropriate conclusion. Write clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects related to the work. Write a report, passing on information or giving reasons in support of or against a particular issue. Write emails highlighting the personal significance of problems, events and experiences.
• Professional experience Preferable experience in companies which operates in the field of audio, sound and broadcast!
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
The successful candidates will be expected to start full time employment with Radio Maria Zambia on fixed term contract, as soon as possible. Interested candidates must send CVs supported by copies of academic and professional qualifications with three traceable referees and cover Letters electronically, clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email to;
[email protected] , copy, [email protected] , [email protected] by 17:00hrs on Sunday, 1st August, 2021
Radio Maria Zambia,
Leopards’ Hill Road,
P.O. Box 320147, Lusaka, Zambia