Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Family Health and Nutrition Project (FHN) is a five-year, USAID-funded project that will contribute to reduction of maternal mortality and under five mortality through collaboration with Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), Ministry of Health (MOH), communities and other local partners to improve health system performance and to deliver high-quality, accessible reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) care. Working in four provinces, Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga, and Southern, FHN will work with MOH provincial and district counterparts to deliver high-quality services, strengthen health systems, and increase community engagement.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following position(s):
Reports to: Provincial Technical Assistance Lead
Positions supervised: None
Location: Eastern, Luapula, Lusaka, Muchinga and Southern province
The driver is accountable for operating project vehicles in compliance with Zambian traffic laws and Jhpiego’s travel policy to meeting FHN’s transport requirements during implementation. Two drivers will be assigned to the Lusaka staff and two each will be assigned to each provincial-based FHN TA team.
• Driving Jhpiego staff for project work as required.
• Ensure that the project vehicle is clean and in good working condition.
• Perform daily errands as assigned
• Ensure all road safety accessories are secured in the project vehicle.
• Ensure passengers adhere to all safety regulations such as wearing of safety belts.
• Conduct a weekly checklist of vehicle condition and submits to supervisor for review.
• Ensure security of vehicle at all times.
• Adherence to Jhpiego’s vehicle use policy manual
• Any other duties as assigned
• Grade Twelve certificate
• Valid and clean driver’s license with 5 years driving experience
• Experience working as a driver preferably in International Non- Governmental Organizations for 2- 3 years
• Basic computer knowledge
• Experience in providing administrative assistance to a development project.
• Excellent knowledge of traffic rules and road laws of Zambia
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line (position – location) to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected] .
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Friday 30th July, 2021.