- Company: Zambian Breweries Plc
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The Zambia ZBB Lead acts as a point of contact towards the internal customer for Procurement related questions, manages local purchasing requests in collaboration with the sourcing and category management organization and guarantees efficient contract implementation and acceptance on site, related to one or several sites in Zambia.?
- Manage local purchase requisitions according to defined strategies and frameworks. ?
- Stakeholder management, data collection and implementation and execution of Procurement related activities in support of the Zone Indirects Team. ?
- Facilitate Source to Pay training where required in country, ensure adherence to the policy, investigate and comment weekly and monthly on Source to Pay KPI’s.?
- Ensure all contracts negotiated by the Zone Indirects Team are updated in SAP / Ariba / Ibis and that pricing is up to date and correct. Ensure all Outline Agreements and rate cards are shared with the RPSS team.?
- Investigate supplier payment queries on a monthly basis and resolve issues to ensure prompt payment to suppliers. ?
- Drive the achievement of Source to Pay automation targets. ?
- Verify purchase request quality and correct buying channel, align with end users on missing specification, check e-sourcing feasibility. ?
- Support end user with assisted buying including educating the user on buying channels ?
- Facilitate, manage and escalate (where appropriate) queries and issues to appropriate stakeholders and interfaces (global or regional) according to collaboration models. ?
- Accountable for monthly variance and investigation. ?
- Establish local remediation plans to ensure ZBB budget compliance.?
- Support collection and analysis of country ZBB and WAPT analytics. ?
- Point of contact for plant and depot ZBB queries on the Procurement 5 packs in Zambia.?
- Drive select sourcing projects in support of the ZBB sourcing agenda ?
Execute local, low value purchase requisitions?
- Identify and advise customers on possible modification from original requests (e.g. where more cost-efficient alternatives exists).?
- Identify potential suppliers based on local market insights / through simple Request for Information.?
- Request supplier quotes and support RPSS buy channel (if commercially viable).?
- Select a supplier according to the defined strategy in the category for spend categories as defined by the Procurement collaboration model. ?
- Execute and operationalize contracts.?
- Follow-up on purchase orders, and resolve Procurement related client/supplier queries?
Act as the single point of contact for the Procurement function at a site or country?
- Diffuse and ensure the respect of the Procurement procedures.?
- Guarantee efficient use of the purchasing systems by all users assisting them when necessary. ?
- Act as a link between the local users and the Procurement organization.?
- Build up solid information sharing and collaboration routines with local stakeholders.?
Coordinate local contract implementation tasks with Category Managers and users?
- Coordinate and participate in the execution of the contract implementation plan.?
- Prepare and execute training for the end users. ?
- Promote the use of global/regional contracts.?
- Lead the phase out of the old contracts and procedures.?
Support strategic sourcing initiatives?
- Upon request by the Procurement Centre/Category Manager, for the completion of purchase requests, the following support activities may be required:?
- Provide input on local spend and category practices. ?
- Gather local internal customer requirements.?
- Provide insights on local supplier market.?
- Identify with stakeholders any local legal requirements that implicate an adaptation of the contract. ?
- Support local supplier qualification assessment.?
- Support the development of the contract implementation plan. ?
- Academic background: University/Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering and/or commerce or other relevant discipline; or a relevant combination of formal qualifications and additional specialized study; a recognized qualification in procurement would be considered an asset.?
- Experience: Experience within procurement is preferable however not a requirement, minimum 2 years work experience. ?
- Language skills: Proficiency in English essential.?
- Candidate should be a member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply
Critical skills needed for success in this position:?
- Stakeholder management and engagement.?
- Strong analytical skills. ?
- Ability to conceptualize business impact focused analytics.?
- Communicating effectively by conveying information and ideas in English, in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner, providing information to ensure understanding; solicit inputs and provide open candid conversations.?
- Developing collaborative relationships for the purpose of accomplishing work objectives; developing relationships with other individuals by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others’ efforts.?
- Ability to coordinate across multiple stakeholders. ?
- Languages: English and Local language (if applied) as the working language, other languages are an advantage.?
- Strong People skills.?
- Analytical mindset driving improvements to processes.?
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
1. Internal applicants require Line manager approval
2. Kindly attach CV in PDF format
3. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than July 23rd, 2021 .