Jobs at:Chichele Safaris
Deadline of this Job:
21 June 2021
Within Zambia , Luangwa , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Position: Vehicle Mechanic
Reporting to: General Management Couple
Main Areas of Focus
• Maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
• Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
• Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
• Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
• Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Assist the Maintenance department with tasks as and when required
Vehicle Mechanic Requirements and Qualifications
• 5 years of experience as an Auto Mechanic or similar role
• Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of Toyota Land Cruisers
• 5 years of experience with vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
• Ability to handle various tools
• Ability to multi-tack
• Good physical condition
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Drivers License
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]