Jobs at:Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The primary role of the Utilities Technician is operation of the Utility area according to work instructions, the monitoring of utility equipment condition / performance and carrying out of routine maintenance. When required, the Utilities Technician will repair or refurbish equipment. The Utilities Technician has a primary focus on the asset care activities of the team. This role reports to the Team Leader – Utilities. The role will have no direct reports but will coach the Utility Operators in some engineering skills.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for the safe and economic operation and maintenance of the Boiler, LP & HP Compressor, Chiller & all associated auxiliaries during the designated shift.
• To comply with all safety regulations including isolation, lock out and tag out.
• Operate and maintain the Boiler, LP & HP Compressor, Chillers & all associated auxiliaries during the shift according to company policies and procedures.
• Maintain plant steam, compressed air and chilled water production at the output designated by management.
• To operate plant within the acceptable loading envelope under plant dispatch directives from utility.
• Assist in start-up, shut-down and normal operations of the Boiler, LP & HP Compressor, Chiller systems.
• Implement corrective action during system operational disturbance and/or bring such
• disturbances to the attention of the Team Leader/Unit manager.
• Communicate effectively the condition of the plant equipment and performance to Team Leader/Unit manager & fellow plant personnel.
• Maintain the Boiler, LP & HP Compressor, Chillers & its surrounding area in a clean and safe condition at all times.
• Execute emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety deficiencies.
• Utilize all tools, equipment, and accessories in such a manner so as to maximize useful operating life.
• Assist in the safe and efficient operation of the Boiler, LP & HP Compressor, Chillers by bringing violations of safety norms, plant standard operating procedures etc., to the attention of the Team Leader/Unit manager.
• Provide the relieving shift operator with a complete hand over, bringing to his attention any operational disturbances, malfunctions or abnormalities
Skills, Experience & Education
• 3-5 experience in operation and/or maintenance of Diesel fired Boiler, Compressors, Chillers or Refrigeration systems, Process Instrumentation.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit ccba.erecruit.co