Published On : 27 April 2021
Closing Date : 10 May 2021
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following position:
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST, RO (1 POST)
To provide high quality network, application and end-user support in order to enable the Bank’s business at the Regional Office.
- Provide first-line network infrastructure and applications to users and to the Business Continuity Management (BCM) Centre at Regional Office.
- Administer the ICT Service Desk and ensure timely response to reported service requests and incidents.
- Respond to user incidents and perform root cause analysis of reported incidents and problems and implement possible solutions.
- Implement Security controls and measures for the Data Centre, information and other ICT assets in order to migrate ICT risks and ensure a secure ICT environment.
- Participate in Business Continuity Management activities at Regional Office to ensure the recovery and continuation of the Banks’s business in case of a disruption at the primary site.
- Monitor the performance of the Bank’s network and computer systems at Regional Office and address any causes for under performance or outage.
- Obtain user feedback through various channels including user satisfaction surveys, completed training evaluation forms and ICT Service review meetings with users.
- Implement end-user knowledge transfer initiatives for training and delivering appropriate ICT skills to users.
- Provide ICT Bureau services to end-users such as scanning documents, special printing requests, and brochure production.
- Conduct research in emerging technologies and write papers and recommendations of how the Bank could benefit from their implementation.
- Provide input into the preparation of various reports for management information and decision making.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc /BEng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering; or equivalent with three (3) years’ relevant experience.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better).
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Knowledge of ICT service management best practices
- Experience in supporting application systems and office productivity tools
- Knowledge of ICT networks and Data Centre Operations
- Good customer service and interpersonal communication skills
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, via the BOZ Career page on www.boz.zm. Applicants’ application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be attached to the online applications. The closing date for applications is Monday, 10 May 2021.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that the Bank of Zambia has automated its recruitment process. The Bank ONLY accepts online job applications.
To apply for this job please visit lde.tbe.taleo.net .