Internal Title: Specialist, Tax – Zambia
About IHS Towers
Founded in 2001 by the trio of Sam Darwish, William Saad and Mohamad Darwish, along with a strong team of telecoms sector engineers, IHS is one of the largest independent owners, operators and developers of shared telecommunications infrastructure, or tower operators in the world with over 23,000 towers. IHS is the largest independent tower operator in Africa and EMEA and the third largest independent multinational tower operator globally, in both cases by tower count.
Reporting to the Director, Finance (DF) the jobholder will be required to lead and manage multi tax engagements for IHS Zambia. The work will be high pressured at times, and being able to meet tight deadlines, will be key to success.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
To deliver a full range of tax services inclusive of NAPSA, PAYE, WHT, Turn Over Tax, VAT, Provisional Tax, CGT, Customs Duty etc., in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframes.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual tax computations, proof of tax and other reconciliations required.
- Preparation of deferred tax calculations and ensure timely tax filing and payments.
- Prepare periodic tax related reports, including all the related comments.
- Develop, monitor, and review firm tax compliance procedures; administrative and quality control.
- Provide innovative tax planning, identify and mitigate tax risks.
- Manage and coordinate tax audits.
- Maintain tax balances on general ledger and provide tax advice to the management team.
- Support the finance teams where required.
- Ensure the company is compliant on all other regulatory requirements including ZICTA, CCPC and ZRA matters.
- Manage all related external audits, reconciliations, and queries.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Bachelors degree in Accountancy/Finance (Masters degree in Accounting/Tax, MBA/Finance is an added advantage).
- ACCA, CFA, ZICA accreditation is an added advantage.
- MUST be a Member of ZICA.
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Knowledge of ERP, preferably Microsoft Navision is an added advantage.
- Excellent people and communication skills is essential.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .