Senior Credit Manager
Jobs at:First National Bank
Deadline of this Job:
23 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To oversee the management of credit lending that fall within assigned portfolio or region.
Experience and Qualifications
• A degree in Finance and Commerce or an equivalent professional qualification which has an emphasis on Accounting, Finance and Banking.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Credit Manager in charge of commercial and corporate and business accounts.
• Must have experience in preparing papers and presenting to in country credit committees and FirstRand Credit Committees.
• Previously been in a leadership position and preferably run a team of credit managers in a commercial bank.
• Work under the direction of the Senior Credit Manager in relation to the general running of the department.
• Ensure that the daily departmental workflow is in accordance with the Bank’s standard operating procedures as outlined in the various ORM and Credit policies from time to time.
• Ensure that the standard of work meets all client expectations within minimum turnaround times and in line with credit policies.
• Assess and approve credit lending as directed in the credit mandate provided and follow standard operating procedures for lending that are not within own mandate to ensure that all exposures within portfolio are signed off by way of an approved limit or excess advice or status report.
• Place high importance to ensure that daily excesses and expired limits are attended to in terms of excess policy process and expired limit process. Responsible for the accuracy and timeous capture of credit data onto the Bank’s “broadband spreadsheet so that your section’s contribution to monthly ORM reports is accurate and within deadlines.
• Responsible for project managing any credit application that must go to SA for further signatures. This includes the executive summary and all appropriate supporting documentation.
• Guide and support your subordinates in their daily activities by way of training so that the daily activities of your portfolio are accomplished within deadlines and meet all standards. This includes counter checking data captured on Core Banking and Credit Systems (Limits and interest rates – manager’s maintenance report).
• Responsible for ensuring that security documentation is held and that no disbursements are made without security being held and if any exposure does exist where security is outstanding then it must be reported and signed off in terms of excess operating procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring that all accounts are categorized in accordance with account behavior.
• Ensure that facility letters accurately reflect the content of the approved facility.
• Continually prepare all work and credit files with audit requirements in mind with a view to achieving minimal audit queries.
• Make recommendations on procedural/policy changes.
• Attend meetings to represent credit department on various as hoc forums.
• Visit clients where necessary with the RM in order to be familiar with the business activities of the top 20 clients in your portfolio.
• Use initiative to solve general credit issues and deal with client requests.
• Management of the credit compliance team who have responsibility for all internal/external credit reporting, credit audit issues, provision management, credit portfolio reviews and the update/renewal of credit policy documents.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.