Facilitates the collaborative identification, development, and measurement of a highly effective and strategic HR function for assigned countries and units to ensure the structure, culture, and talent needs to deliver effective programs and projects. Facilitates delivery of national, and local HR capacity and infrastructure for efficient and effective services at multi-levels and implementation and adaptation of HR global initiatives and practices. Serves as advisor and counsel to maximize staffing resources and performance, ensure economy and efficiency of work processes, and contain institutional risk.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Facilitate and manage collaborative identification and development of annual and multi-year human capacity strategies such as workforce planning, job performance improvement, HR capacity development, etc. for assigned countries and units to ensure right talent at right time and place. Identify and facilitate development of standards, tools, and resources. Devise and implement metrics.
2. Evaluate and facilitate HR functional capacity and service delivery for assigned countries and units. Implement collaborative actions to facilitate evaluation and development of HR capacity and infrastructure at the regional, national, or local levels. Build knowledge, expertise, and capacity leveraging internal and external resources. Ensure effective HR service systems and delivery at multi-levels as confirmed by key stakeholders. Measure and evaluate.
3. As assigned, ready and oversee global and/or national delivery and implementation of global or national policies and procedures, operating standards, and initiatives. Ensure effective adaptation at all levels and compliance with the spirit and intent of labor regulations and donor requirements. Secure feedback and suggested improvements. Measure and evaluate.
4. Serve as a strategic partner providing advice and counsel to maximize staffing resources and performance, ensure economy and efficiency of work processes, and contain institutional risk. As needed, serve as primary liaison for all HR matters.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree, minimum 10 years of progressive HR professional experience or equivalent education and experience. Master’s preferred.
· Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups of 250+ employees in multiple locations within the region or global environment required.
· Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, talent management, and training and development
· Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who can work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units required
· Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment and on deadline; aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed
· Superb written and verbal communication skills required. Highly capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
· English fluency required. Second language preferred.
· Ability to travel up to 50 percent
· SPHR, GPHR, CIPD or other HR professional certification preferred