World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Project Officer – Zambian Education School-based Training (ZEST) Project
Reporting to: Technical Programme Manager-ZREAD
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of the Position:
To assist in implementing, coordinating, and monitoring the Zambian Education School-based Training (ZEST) Project in line with the Project Strategy.
Program Development and Implementation
- Provide technical support to the scaling up of ZEST activities and ensuring alignment with Project Strategy
- In liaison with the Project Coordinator, manage the quality implementation and monitoring within scope, time, and budget.
- In liaison with the Project Coordinator, produce consolidated annual/semi-annual reports for sharing with other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Education at National, Provincial, and District levels to ensure the project’s successful implementation.
- Support documentation and dissemination of promising/best practices for future programming.
- Support the development of a data repository for the project for better knowledge management and utilization.
Local Partnering and Networking
- Collaborate with local-level stakeholders for effective programme implementation and sustainability.
- Represent WVZL in various key meetings at the district level for alignment of national and local priorities.
- Hold district review meetings on project implementation with the DEBS.
- Facilitate capacity building for teachers in active teaching and learning approaches through school-based continuing professional development (SBCPD).
- Facilitate capacity building for enumerators during ZEST evaluations
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Collect monitoring data in a collaborative and systematic way
- Facilitate joint project monitoring and reporting of the project for effective implementation and quality control.
- Write and timely submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for improved project decision making.
- Work with technical program DME to input data databases and develop information management systems.
- Participate in documenting and sharing project lessons and promising practices with partners and stakeholders
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Education with a minimum of five years’ experience in Education.
- Degree in Education/Development/Project Management with a minimum of three years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Experience in School-Based Teacher Professional Development
- Teaching primary school grades will be an added advantage
- Experience in Education Program Management in a complex, international organisation, preferably NGO context
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing essential
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills
- Training and facilitation skills a must
- Must be a committed Christian, stand above denominational diversities, participate and lead daily devotions, as well as weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically.
- Work environment: Office-based 20% : field 80%
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 31st January 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org .