Jobs at:Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
30 May 2022
Within Zambia , Chingola , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a dynamic and vibrant Company providing water and sanitation services in the Municipalities of Chingola, Mufulira and Chililabombwe. At Mulonga, all employees play a crucial role in moving the company “towards purified excellence”. Thus Mulonga acknowledges the importance of having a team that will actualize its objectives and ultimately transform Mulonga into “the most admired utility in Africa”. To ensure this is achieved, Mulonga commits to attract and retain the best employees through a systematic talent management process.
Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates to join the team in the positions listed below.
Plant Attendant (Chingola) X1
Purpose of the Job
To assist the Plant operator in running/operating the pumps, monitoring the chemical dosing, collecting data on running hours of pumps, pressures on pumps, voltage and currents being drawn by pumps, observing the operations of vital equipment and house-keeping at Water Treatment Plants including backwashing of filters and cleaning of flocculators/ sedimentation tanks.
Summary of Main Accountabilities
• Helps the Plant Operator is running a WTP/s by observing the running pumps, monitoring the amperage on the electric panel and reporting any abnormal reading observed.
• Assist in chemical dosing of waters at WTP/s based on advice from the Plant Operator
• Acquaints himself/herself with status of the plant at beginning of shift by reading shift report and discussing with out-going Operator/Attendant so as to know plant status at beginning of shift.
• Sweeps, dusts, cleans the plant and surroundings to maintain cleanliness and orderliness
• Monitors the levels at the command and Service reservoirs to ensure adequate water supply
• Provide first “level aid” to equipment breakdown at WTP/s before reporting to Operator/Supervisor.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Grade 12 with 5 O Levels
• Apprenticeship – Water Plant Operations
• 1 – 2 year post qualification experience
• Ability to understand basic water chemistry
• Handling of “first level” preventive and corrective maintenance
• Ability to report possible pollution/contamination sites, understand temperatures for pumps and motors, including operating pressures for the pumps.
• Minimum physical skills such as carrying items and opening and closing valves
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Job application procedure
If you have the necessary competences/qualifications we are looking for, please submit your application together with a comprehensive C.V. (where necessary) including your contact telephone number and certified copies of your certificates and names of three referees to the address below or Email to [email protected] not later than Monday, 30th May, 2022. Only short listed candidates will be communicated to.
Female candidates are also urged to apply.
Please note that priority shall be given to residents in the areas of our operations.
The Director Human Resources and Administration
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Musonko House, Kabundi Road
P O Box 11712
“Mulonga – Towards Purified Excellence”