At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Area Supervisor, the Liebherr 9100 Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Liebherr 9100 loading unit.
Specific Job Responsibility
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Must be able to communicate to supervisor and dispatch (modular) effectively.
- Digging following sequence whenever possible (starting with safe cut to the clean-up cut)
- Spotting trucks correctly for good productivity and safety of the trucks.
- Operator must ensure the loading area is cleaned and good for both the shovel and trucks.
- Load trucks to capacity, thus avoiding overloads and underloads to meet production targets.
- Ensuring hourly production targets are met.
- Loading trucks making sure the material is in the center of the truck pan.
- Horn the correct signals to communicate to trucks. (1 for stopping and releasing. 2 for forward and 3 for reversing)
- Must follow dig limits and material types accordingly.
- Ensuring that batters are done to design without over mining or leaving loose rocks hanging on the wall
- Log on to Modular immediately on the machine
- Ensuring that shovel KPIs are being achieved in a safe manner
- Follow all given assignments
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an open pit set up
- Liebherr 9100 operating permit
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Specific machine training and Certification
Job Specific Competencies
- Must possess knowledge on how to do the pre- start on the machine.
- Must be able to identify defects.
- Must be conversant with controls/parts and their functions on a machine
- Must possess knowledge about machine shut down and emergency procedures
- Must be able to operate a two-way radio and be able to use of modular system
Key Job Attributes
- Must possess Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Must be flexible to work and attend to any shift as assigned
- Ability to multi-task
- Personal accountability
- Must be an active listener
- Must be a good team player
- Must demonstrate good peer relationships
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .