Operator, Komatsu 860/960 Rigid Haul Truck
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
26 September 2021
Within Zambia , Kalumbila , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Area Supervisor, the 860/960 Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Haul Truck to haul material to designated locations.
Specific Job Responsibility
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
• Conduct pre start and post inspection of a Truck.
• Ensuring that the house keeping of the truck is maintained to good standard
• Ensuring that the truck operation KPIs are being achieved in a safe manner
• Report any machine defects at all times.
• Able to use the Trolley assist by connecting with pantograph where applicable.
• Ferry material to and from any assigned destination according to dispatcher or supervisor’s instructions.
• Ensuring that spotting is done correctly to ensure that the materials is loaded correctly onto the dump truck.
• Follow applicable safety procedures and follow dispatch instructions.
• Logging on modular immediately after getting on the machine
• Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in an open pit set up.
• 3 Years’ experience on a HD1500 (100tn) equipment or higher
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
• Machine specific training and certification.
Job Specific Competencies
• Must possess knowledge on how to do the pre- start on the machine.
• Must be able to identify defects.
• Must be conversant with controls/parts and their functions on a machine
• Must possess knowledge about machine shut down and emergency procedures
• Must be able to operate a two-way radio and be able to use of modular system.
Key Job Attributes
• Must possess Excellent communication skills
• Must be flexible to work and attend to any shift as assigned
• Ability to multi-task
• Personal accountability
• Must be an active listener
• Must be a good team player
• Must demonstrate good peer relationships
• Must be safety conscious
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.